- Available for Android and Apple smartphones, tablets, and tablets
- Atlantic’s TRION3 Ionizer seamlessly integrates with the TR215CVCheck Valve.
- The Atlantic ionizer can be installed on an existing or new water feature and clears water without harsh chemicals.
- The LED panel controls the level of mineralization.
- Switch between multiple Ionizers using Wi-Fi settings. This allows you to control different water features.
- Secure access via network name and password customization
- Fits 1″ to 1.5” tapered insert fittings to connect to ASTM and metric standard tubing
- Conductivity alert will notify you if your water does not meet the required ionization levels.
- With the Ionizer app, you can adjust the ionization levels and turn on/off the power.
- To wirelessly control your TRION3 Ionizer, download our Triton Ionizer App from the App Store or Google Play.
- When used correctly, it can treat ponds up to 25,000 gallons.
- Pond Ionizers mineralize the water to preserve water features with minimal oversight.
- It is easy to replace an electrode without the need for tools.
- Complete PDF
The low voltage water management system introduces small copper ions to the water. This helps control organic growth and keeps your pond clear. Mineralized water is safe and healthy for plants and animals at the proper levels. Mineralized water retains the ability to treat organic matter and is unaffected by heat or sunlight. This works with pond filters to radically reduces/eliminates a need for harsh chemical treatment.
Water Parameters to Optimal Performance
Triton Ionizers work best when water feature parameters are within limits. Water parameters of water features can fluctuate throughout the season. This is especially true for those features subject to excessive evaporation or requiring more water. Resetting the water parameters can be done with a simple water change.
* Total Alkalinity 80-120ppm
Notice: Copper is less effective the higher the alkalinity. The Alkalinity should be
Copper ions that exceed 200ppm will remain dormant.
Attention: Fish can become toxic from copper ions if their alkalinity falls below 50ppm
* pH 7.7.2-7.8
Heavy debris loads can affect pH.
Attention: Copper ions can be toxic if pH drops below 6.8
Ideal water conditions will allow copper levels to reach the appropriate mineralization level of between 0.01 and 0.0.3 parts per million (ppm). This is for every 2500 gallons. Mineralization will take longer for larger volumes and poorly circulated water features. A water feature with 7,500 gallons will require approximately 21 days to reach a good mineralization level of 0.1 to 0.3ppm. Natural bacteria and algae treatments must be used until copper ions reach sufficient levels to control organics. Regular use of bacterial treatments to control sludge should be made with the Triton Ionizer.
Operation of the Trion3 Ionizer
Triton Ionizers must always have water flowing through their electrode housings when they are turned on. During operation, ions can jump from one electrode and be swept away by flowing water. To ensure that the electrodes are not contaminated, the Control Panel regularly reverses polarity.
The Ionizer can be operated without water flow across the electrodes. This will allow the ions to jump to the other electrode and not be carried into the water feature. The “short-circuiting” of the distribution of ions can lead to excessive corrosion of electrodes and inadequate water treatment. If the pump’s power is cut, turn off the power supply to the Ionizer. The control panel will return the previous ionization level when power is restored.
* Turn on the pump, and then plug in the outdoor transformer.
* Set the level of ionization. Depress the + key and hold it to enter the program mode
For 3 seconds, hold down the – button at the control panel until the number display flashes. To raise or lower the ionization levels, use the + and – buttons. Once adjustments have been made, the control panel will automatically exit program mode.
* Over days, monitor copper levels with the provided test strips. Once the copper is added, the control panel will be removed. Attention: Copper levels exceeding 0.3ppm could be dangerous to aquatic life. The Triton Ionizer’s TRION-TS test strips are vacuum-packed and have a shelf life of two years. The bottle’s manufacture date is printed on its lid. Replace expired
Four strips of the test are required to get accurate results.
Check your water every week to ensure that the copper levels are correct. You can adjust the ionization level by using the + or – buttons on your control panel.
* The Triton water treatment electric ionizer should be turned off once the desired water clarity has been achieved.
Adjusting the levels and settings based on water features will prolong the life expectancy of the electrodes.
Inspection & Maintenance
Regular operation will see the power indicator illuminate solid green and the ionization indicators light in solid blue. This means that the unit is functioning correctly, and maintenance is not required. Please refer to the Troubleshooting section of the manual if either indicator light flashes. This will help you identify the problem and the corrective action.
It is essential to periodically inspect the control panel for corrosion and debris buildup. The electrodes will last longer if corrosion and debris are removed. Use steel wool and/or sandpaper in fine grit to remove decay.
Colder temperatures will naturally decrease organic growth. This, in turn, reduces copper ions demand. To extend the life span of the electrodes, it is recommended that the Triton Ionizer be turned off during the winter months. It can be removed and stored indoors to protect the control panel from weather damage.
A limited warranty of three years is available on the Triton Ionizer. The original purchaser is entitled to a limited warranty. It begins on the date of the original purchase receipt. These conditions apply:
* The manufacturer will replace any defective parts, including the control panel, electrode housing, and transformer.
* Electrodes are not covered under this warranty as they are wearable parts. They are guaranteed to be defect-free.
This warranty is null if the power cord is cut or modified, the product is abused, or misused.