Bottom Drain Features:
- Bottom drain for Koi Ponds, Hybrid Ponds™ and CrossOver Ponds™
- Safe for fish – will not suck fish into the plumbing
- Safe for baby Koi and goldfish
- Efficient fish waste removal without jeopardizing small fish
- Two outlet ports – use one, or both outlet ports for increased flow rate
- 2″ outlet ports
- Available for connection to 2″, 3″ or 4″ gravity fed bottom drain plumbing
- Recommend for use with the HydroSieve™-PF bottom drain pre-filter
Advantages of HydroDrain™ Bottom Drains
Fish Safe Bottom Drain. The HydroDrain™ bottom drain captures fish waste and settled debris from your koi pond, and not your fish. Safely remove fish waste and sediment without harming fish.
The HydroDrain™ screened inlet lets in fish waste and sediment but keeps fish out. Having a HydroDrain™ on your pond will increase water circulation and total water oxygenation by pulling oxygenated surface water down to the bottom of the pond.
All HydroDrain™ models attach to pond liner with easy to use leak-free gaskets. Install the rubber gasket on the water side of the pond liner and lock into place with a collar and stainless steel screws. Install the basin gasket between the dry side of the pond liner and the HydroDrain™ body. When using 2″ pipe, a plug is included for the unused outlet port.
Install your HydroDrain™ at the lowest point of your pond – wherever that may be. Multiple HydroDrain™ bottom drains can be used on large or odd-shaped ponds. A HydroDrain™ bottom drain on your pond reduces your maintenance by removing waste and sediment from the pond for capture in a HydroSieve-PF pond sieve filter. Each HydroDrain™ model is safe even for small fish.