The no niche pond skimmer is one of the easiest and cheapest skimmers available. Black in color to allow it to blend into the surroundings.
Simple to retrofit into an existing pond, or new installations. Installs on a pond wall, or create a stand out of rigid PVC pipe.
No niche pond skimmers work by a floating circular weir that has 360 degrees of skimming action. Similar to a Helix pond skimmer but not in an enclosure, and without the high price tag.
- 52-55 GPM / 3100-3300 GPH Flow rate with a minimum of 800 GPH
- Floating weir adjust to 3-3/4″ of water change automatically which is great for changing water levels due to waterfalls, and filter back-flushing
- Large debris basket that is easy to access
- Compact in size – only 8″ in diameter total
- No need to dig out a large hole, or worry about major settling like for a traditional pond skimmer
- Made with tough ABS plastic for durability and strength
- Model: 750B
- Does require water suction from the pump intake to operate properly
- 2″ Minimum side wall needed with the use of a bulkhead fitting, or tap into a floor port
- 1-1/2″ Fitting on bottom no-niche skimmer to easily hook into existing pond plumbing
No Niche Pond Skimmer Videos
This video is a great visual on a no niche pond skimmer in action. You can see the 360 degree surface tension the skimmer creates.
Also note the fish swimming around the no-niche. They are able to swim right next to the skimmer and not get sucked into a weir door and get trapped. This creates a more fish friendly pond skimmer.
Note the above video is NOT a no niche pond skimmer. It is an Aqua-Niche.
Wanted to include it because it shows an alternate installation method. You could create a hybrid method of an intake bay with a floating skimmer. Would take a bit of work to secure the no-niche skimmer and get everything working correctly. But, it could be an excellent custom approach to installing this in a pond.