- Solar Capacity: 14W (18-22V)
- Power Output: USB 2.4A (12W max)
- Weight: 1.9 lbs (862 g)
- Ideal for: Ventures, Sherpas, Smartphone, GPS, Headlamp
- Cell Type: Monocrystalline
- Features: Waterproof, Kickstand / Solar intensity indicator
NEW PRODUCT! A 14-Watt panel reengineered to be lighter and smarter, the Nomad 14 Plus Solar Panel has the innovative technology to charge USB devices directly from the sun. Detachable kickstand for modularity and power-flow indicator ensure the best solar charging experience.
- Smart Charging for Phones and Tablets Features a dynamic auto-restart and smart electronics to charge phones, tablets and other USB-powered gear directly from the sun, even in cloudy conditions.
- Solar Intensity Indicator + Junction Box Take the guess work out of charging from the sun. Easy-to-read LED indicator display strength of solar conditions and provides immediate feedback on the speed of charging.
- Waterproof and Modular Rugged, waterproof construction means power without worry. Removable kickstand provides optimum angle placement toward the sun.
- Auto Restart The Nomad 14 Plus features an auto restart that’s smarter than anything else on the market. With the ability to track power flow history, the Nomad 14 Plus knows the difference between a device that has reached a fully charged state and one that disconnects due to environmental causes, i.e. lack of sunlight, shadow, etc. When the latter is detected, the Nomad 14 Plus will automatically reconnect the charging device, no extra work on your part is needed.
HOW IT WORKS
Charging phones, batteries and other USB-powered devices from the Nomad 14 Plus is as easy as plugging in. Open the Nomad 14 Plus and face the panel toward the sun and check the Solar Intensity Indicator for current solar conditions. 2 or more lights, you’re good to go. Then plug in your phone or recharger into the junction box and charge up.
All the cables you need to recharge Sherpa Power Packs and Goal Zero Yeti Portable Power Stations are included in the back of the Nomad 14 Plus. The same cable can be used to chain the Nomad 14 Plus with other chainable Nomad Plus and Nomad Solar Panels.
JUNCTION BOX + SOLAR INTENSITY INDICATOR
This is where the brains of the Nomad 14 Plus live. Several key components work together to ensure you have the best solar charging experience, including the Solar Intensity Indicator. These 4 LED lights are indicative of current solar conditions and give you an idea of how well your gear will charge.
Once you plug into the Nomad 14 Plus, the lights will blink in accordance with how fast your gear is charging. Think you should be seeing more lights? Try re-positioning the Nomad 14 Plus toward the sun and watch how the lights and speed of charge indicator change. The best charging scenario for phones and other USB-powered devices is 2 or more lights.
The Nomad 14 Plus features an auto restart that’s smarter than anything else on the market. With the ability to track power flow history, the Nomad 14 Plus knows the difference between a device that has reached a fully charged state and one that disconnects due to environmental causes (i.e., lack of sunlight, shadow, solar eclipse, etc). When the latter is detected, the Nomad 14 Plus will automatically reconnect the charging device, no extra work on your part is needed.
The Nomad 14 Plus’s detachable kickstand allows you to be as lightweight as you need to be. Leave it attached with the magnets and it pops out to an optimal angle for positioning toward the sun. It also provides natural shade and a vented pocket for devices you have plugged in.
Chaining panels is a great way to collect more power from the sun and recharge devices quicker. You can chain up to 150W of solar panels together, that would be about 10 Nomad 14 Plus Solar Panels; however we don’t recommend more than four in a chain since there will be loss of voltage over a long distance. The farther the power has to travel through cables, from panel to panel, the more power you will lose.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS