California prop 65 warning: This product contains chemicals, including lead, known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reprocutiove harm. Wash hand after use.
Advantage of RainPro Rain Barrel Spigot Design: You don’t need to reach inside of the barrel to install. You only need a small opening to install.
Install in 6 easy steps:
Tools needed: Pipe Wrench or Channellock Pliers, Power Drill, 1-1/4 inch Hole Saw, PTFE Thread Tape
Drill 1.25 inch hole on rain barrel, Center the hole 2-3 inch above the bottom(use eye protection when operation power tool)
Drop the bulkhead fitting male piece with gasket in to the barrel
Roll the barrel, pick up the fitting from outside
Install bulkhead nut, turn COUNTER clockwise to tighten
Wrap about 5 rounds of tape on the spigot thread Insert the spigot and tighten
- Update 6/6/2015, now shipping low lead version (lead free compliant), for more info about lead free compliant, please visit epa.gov. Other options available, please click on our brand “RainPro” to purchase.
- Contain less than 0.25% lead, lead free compliant, OK for portable water.
- Heavy Duty 3.7 oz Solid Brass Bulkhead Fitting, 3/4 inch female threaded all the way, install spigot on either end. Heavy Duty 3/4 inch No Kink Quarter Turn Solid Brass Ball Valve with Garden Hose Hook Up
- Large 10mm Flow Opening, Great Flow Rate at Approx. 15 Second/Gallon or 4GPM, Tested with 2 ft Water.
- Bulkhead fitting need 1.25 inch diameter hole to install. Fit up to 0.4 inch thickness wall (Works great for 55 gallon used plastic drum barrels on craigslist, these barrels usually have wall thickness of 0.1-0.2 inch)